Friday, July 21, 2006

Portfolio Number One

I'm currently working on a small portfolio/sampler that will be available for sale via my own web site & Lulu.com, the online publisher. This is an experiment in publishing, & I'm not sure how it will turn out. I've just ordered a couple of copies to see how they print. Hopefully, all will be well, & with a bit of minor tweaking it will be all ready to go.

The portfolio will most probably be in "comic book" format (that's a Lulu thing), with 24 interior, full-color (except for a couple of drawings & monochrome pieces) pages. Here's a sneak peek of the cover (front & back) as it currently stands:

Portfolio cover

Depending on how this goes, I may produce other thematic portfolios, as I have various series of artworks. There's also the option of doing a more comprehensive art book. At the very least, it's a useful (if a little expensive) promotional item for galleries and art directors...

No comments: