Sunday, September 02, 2007

Back in a previous existence...

My old band Heyday, circa 1984-5:



That's me playing the Korg keyboard. We were pretty good & could've made it to the big time...(gets misty-eyed). Click on over to myspace.com/heydayuk to see & hear more. The singer/songwriter is Stephen Harrison, who is still writing music & has just released a retrospective CD, "Chips for Supper". Can't wait to hear it. He is really good & deserves some long overdue attention. Tell him I said hi...

Stephen also has a MySpace page for himself at myspace.com/closeuprecords for his music & his Close Up Records music label.

PS by "my" old band, I mean "the band I was in".

PPS the bass player in the photo, & the drummer not visible in the photo were David Weddell & Ronnie Torrance, respectively, who were in the legendary (apparently) Edinburgh band Josef K in the late 70s/early 80s.

No comments: