Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Spot" illustrations from Love, War, Fire, Wind

The book I'm working on with Eliot Katz, "Love, War, Fire, Wind: Looking Out from North America's Skull", nears completion. Diana (wife, goddess, muse, editor) is working on the editing & sequencing, & I'm finishing the layout & replacing or adding any drawings where necessary. The book contains 50-odd full-page images & around 14 or so "spot" illustrations (or, in this case, meaning non-full page images, which I guess is not exactly the true meaning of the term -- which I think actually means "less than quarter page illustrations" -- however, I like the term, so I'm using it here). The following are some of these, in no particular order, with not much particular explanation (hoping this will work as a "teaser" for folks to go & buy the book)...











The following image didn't make the cut, but I'm including it anyway, as I kind of liked it...

No comments: