Monday, October 13, 2008

Rhinebeck/Red Hook Art Studio Views



This weekend sees the inaugural Art Studio Views tour of the Rhinebeck & Red Hook areas, where I live. It takes place on Saturday October 18th & Sunday October 19th, from 11am to 5pm each day. I'll be opening up my studio to the public & we shall see what happens. There is a web site with the details here.

Here is the page with the list of artists. There are 24 local artists in all, several of them personal friends of mine.

Here is the Google map of all the studios.

You can even download & print out a PDF of the map/brochure here (1.52MB), though you can no doubt pick one up at many locations in the area (stores, restaurants, B&Bs). It was designed by Nadine Robbins at Namaro Design.

As my studio is quite large, I'm sharing some of it with my good friend Jim (James L.) Stevenson. Here is his art web site.

The painting above is "Portrait of the Tyrant as a Young Man" (acrylic on plywood, 30" x 18", 2007), which is the image featured in the map/brochure & will be on display in my studio.

No comments: