Sunday, September 27, 2009

Strange Figurations at the Limner Gallery, Oct 3rd

While I was up in Hudson NY at the Limner Gallery yesterday to pick up a couple of copies of Direct Art Magazine (see post below), Tim Slowinski (artist, gallery owner) was laying out works for next week's show, Strange Figurations. I'm not in the show, probably because I didn't get around to entering anything for it. Anyhow, I wasn't in the gallery very long, but Tim did have several pieces of artwork for the show spread around, some already on the walls & some on the floor propped against the wall.

Here is the postcard announcing the show:


You can click on the image for a better view.

Here is the back of the card:


Again, if you click on the image, you will get a more legible version.

The 2 pieces that were present yesterday that really caught my eye were 2 very small, jewel-like oils on panel by Tim French. Apparently, they caught Slowinski's eye, too, as he put one of them very prominently on the front of the postcard, the 3-eyed smoking dude called "Obey." I was really struck by those 2 pieces, so I thought I'd give a mention to Tim (or Timothy) French. I've seen a few pieces of his work before at Limner, & I really feel that he has something that stands out & his work just seems to get better & better. Here is a link to his web site:

www.kitsch22art.com

Here is his artist page on the Limner web site:

www.slowart.com/limner/htm/gall-art/french/index.htm

And, finally, here is the Limner preview page for the Strange Figurations show:

www.slowart.com/limner/current/index.htm

Actually, the above link seems to represent whatever the current exhibit is, so if you view this in a couple of months from now, it will probably be something very different.

No comments: