Tuesday, August 10, 2010

More doubles from the Souls sketchbook

Here are some more 2-page spreads from the Souls sketchbook. This seems to have become the format for the book, for now at least. This sketchbook also parallels the collaboration with Tim Lowly, The Book of Souls. I'm not sure how they interact, or even if they should. In some ways they are similar, in others rather different. I think I'm using the sketchbook to explore some of my wilder ideas, whereas the "book" (which is a virtual book at the moment, but may become a book about the virtual book) with Tim is a more formal work. However, that is not entirely true, as some of the ideas & images from the sketchbook may bleed over to The Book of Souls. When the dust has finally settled, I'll be able to see all of this more clearly. Anyway, here are the double-page images:


Pages 51-52. I feel my spirits fly.


Pages 53-54. The Art of Discourse.


Pages 55-56. merge.


Pages 57-58. a mortal coil.


Pages 59-60. The Shadow of Your Soul.

Clicking on the images will take you to substantially larger versions. You'll have to use your browser's "back" button to return to this page.

I realize that the capitalization of the titles is a bit quirky...these are the original titles I gave the pieces. The lowercase titles are somehow different & less formal than the capitalized ones...

More images to be posted. I don't know if the entire sketchbook will consist of the double-page images...time will tell, as always. Stay tuned.

No comments: