Thursday, February 09, 2017

The Tower of Humanity 2015-17

This is an example of a painting that I did a couple of years ago (2015) & was reasonably (but not completely) happy with. It's been propped on a small set of drawers in the living room/office for ages, & I've looked at it from time to time. The other day, I decided what was wrong with it was the sky, so I took it & repainted that. Normally, I don't like to "fix" paintings so long after the fact, but in this case I think it worked out for the better...I also changed the title to one that I now prefer, & painted in a tiny bit of background (small triangle of distant background to the left of the "building") to balance out the composition.

The Tower of Humanity, sky repainted 2017, acrylic on board, 16" x 12"
Human Monument, 2015, acrylic on board, 16" x 12".

No comments: