Thursday, July 15, 2010

Heyday's "Edinburgh" album out on CD

I just heard from Stephen Harrison (singer, guitarist, songwriter) that he has released an album of songs from the band I was in around 25 years ago...the band was Heyday & the CD is entitled "Edinburgh". Here is the back cover with the info:


You can click on the image to get a larger version.

You can buy the CD from this page.

I'm the keyboard player in the photo. It's strange that 25 years after the fact, an album is being released...the songs hold up pretty well, I think. You can hear some of the songs & there is more info on the Heyday myspace page. There is also a page on Facebook here.

We recorded the 7 songs that I'm playing on at a small studio in Leith, Edinburgh. The other 2 tracks were apparently recorded live after I left the band.

The CD is entitled Edinburgh, I guess, because that's where we lived & worked. Stephen & I both attended Edinburgh College of Art together. He is a very talented artist & hopefully will pursue his artistic interests in addition to his musical career.

No comments: