Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Ghost - Square Hammer

I occasionally post musical items on here when they interest me. I recently came across this "band" (seems to be one person, mostly, with some "Nameless Ghouls" hired to play on stage), who are gaining popularity these days. It's not really heavy metal as such, more melodic hard rock in my humble opinion. They remind me of my teenage years wasted listening to the likes of Blue Oyster Cult...and like that band, there is a heavy mystical/dark/atmospheric feeling to the proceedings. The video shown here I like for its overall aesthetic & the references to Fritz Lang's "Metropolis" & that old vampire movie "Nosferatu"...it's my favorite song of the week & that guitar riff is killer. Also, the singer/mastermind gets kudos for not just wearing makeup but also a prosthetic mask under that, to give him that aged/ancient look. A hit.

No comments: