Tuesday, January 30, 2018

The Maid of the Mountains / Frozen in Time

After having spent the last month or two (or three) reading the Walter Isaacson "Leonardo da Vinci" biography (which I can recommend, more on that anon), I find that whenever I spend a significant period of time in the company of another artist's work, I start to absorb a certain amount of the sensibility of said artist. Which brings us to the work presented here, which is obviously a little more than a nod in the direction of the Mona Lisa (I was thinking of titling the piece "Anom Asil", for example), but I think I caught a little of the essence of the original, whilst bringing something different to the table...you can decide...

The Maid of the Mountains / Frozen in time, 2018, acrylic on plywood, 16" x 12".

No comments: