Saturday, September 26, 2009

Direct Art Magazine, volume 16

Here I am on page 51 of the latest Direct Art Magazine, out now:


The drawing is "Future Human", & its actual size is 23.5" x 18" (not as stated in the magazine.) If you click on the image, you should be able to see a more legible version.

Here is the short text I wrote to go with the drawing:

"The Future Human drawing is a dystopian image of a cybernetic future, where we are all so connected to the Internet (or its distant descendent) and machines in general that we have become disconnected from our own humanity. The drawing depicts the moment of realization, where it finally becomes apparent that the evolutionary road we have been blindly following is a dead end. Much of my work is a warning against the folly of human nature, and I hope that I am wrong in this case, or if I am right, someone might see my warning in time. Turn off your computer, disconnect from the system, go for a walk in the park. This has just been a bad dream."

Here is the cover:


Very nice drawing by Ben Tolman.

Here is a link to the web site for the magazine & Limner Gallery.

No comments: