Saturday, January 03, 2009

2009 -- some new sketches

The below images represent some new, fairly rapid sketches which may or may not turn up in a series of new, large paintings I intend to produce (famous last words, etc.). I find it useful to crank out these things semi-automatically, let them sit for a day or two, and then sift through them. This is the unfiltered feed. I may decide that some or all of them are not very good (or otherwise), but I think I'm going to let them stay here in any case, to give some kind of insight into my creative process. They are all done on the good old "fine granite paper", with some "manga pens" that I purchased on a whim a while ago. The paper size is 11" x 8.5". I have increased the contrast (auto levels in Photoshop) to help the images stand out better.


Some Heads, 2009.


The Pyramid, 2009.


A Series of Mysteries, 2009.


Heads & a Figure, 2009.

No comments: