Saturday, January 17, 2009

If a Blog, why not a Blob?

I just had an idea, which occurred when I mistakenly published the post below -- I mistyped "blog" as "blob", so for a few moments the post read "Narcissus Press New Blob", which was kind of funny until I corrected it a minute or so later. Then, I got to thinking -- would a "Blob" be a good metaphor for a different kind of (not-so-linear) blog space where you could put all your ideas, photos, videos, etc.? I'm envisioning a big 3-D bundle of stuff, something like Google Earth -- a big globe where the "countries" etc. could be postings of various kinds, with the important ones being "mountains" or something like that...there could be virtual cities & so forth & you could zoom in on the content to view it. Hmmm...maybe this is kind of like "Second Life" or whatever it's called, the virtual planet thing...

Anyway, there it is. Could revolutionize the Internet. Run with it, if you like, I don't really have the time or inclination. I think it's a pretty good idea...though, of course, maybe someone's already doing or done it & I just don't know about it.

No comments: