Tuesday, June 02, 2009

More rarities & oddities from the archives...

I was looking through some folders & portfolios in my studio today & found a few interesting pieces from years gone by, so I've scanned them in:


The Minotaur, circa 2002 (maybe -- not signed or dated), pen & ink on paper, 6" x 5" approx.


Man With a Reassembled Face, 2002, ink on paper, 6" x 5" approx.


Rocky, Amorphous Landscape, 1992, brush & ink on paper, 11.5" x 8.25" approx.


Back of a Woman's Head, 1992, pencil on paper, 11.5" x 8.25" approx. Darkened in Photohsop to enhance contrast.


Crashed, 2002, brush & ink on paper, 11.5" x 8.25" approx.


Rejected wraparound magazine cover, 2003. 2 separate colored drawings, each is 11" x 8.5", permanent marker & acrylic on paper, scanned in & reunited in Photoshop. I always liked this one. It was rejected because it didn't look much like the Hudson Valley (which is fair enough -- it was for a Hudson Valley magazine, now defunct), so I did another one that they did use. The images don't line up perfectly -- that's mostly the fault of the quickie low-res scan job I just did [note: since writing this, I've updated the image with a better version]. Also, the seam would occur on the spine of the magazine, so that would lessen the effect.

I have quite a few more pieces that I could scan in & put up here. Some of them are slightly too big for my scanner, so those will have to wait. Also, I need to get back to creating some new pieces, so I'll put up more rarities at some point in the (near) future.

No comments: